We are so much more than “just a jewellery high street or mall shop”. We employ, educate and are proud to work alongside like-minded people who are keen to assist each other and our customers in a welcoming, inclusive manner.
Yes, we have a magnificent, unmatched selection of fine jewellery, Swiss watches and luxury gifts. But we are also happy look after you from the "servicing" point of view, both creating bespoke jewellery and repairing tired or damaged items.
Rings & Jewellery
In addition to conceiving new bespoke designs either for our stock or for your special occasions, we enjoy working with our customers to re-design any much-loved but out-of-date piece of jewellery.
We are very proud to have a fully resourced, on-site workshop, here at 142 Union Street, Aberdeen. Our highly-motivated and immensely skilled colleagues are in a position to apply their knowledge, skills and time to the various services that might be of help to our customers, such as repairs and renovations to watches and older items of jewellery.
The equipment that we use is of the very latest design, so that in addition to all the traditional equipment, we have also invested in laser welders and ultra-sonic cleaning equipment.
- Clean & Check. This brings any jewel back to life and gives both you and your insurance company re-assurance that it is in the best possible condition;
- Re-Tipping. Strengthening and matching carefully the claws that hold your precious gemstone securely;
- Re-Mounting. Either in the same style or perhaps in a more suitable setting of your choice;
- Rhodium plating. We can revive your 18-carat white gold ring;
- Pearl Necklet Re-Stringing and cleaning. For security, pleasure and peace of mind.
Our on-site watch service centre has been certified at level 4 by Omega and our fully qualified Rolex watchmaker enjoys working in the wonderful surroundings that have been accredited by Rolex.
- Servicing. A complete service will give your beloved watch a bit of TLC and ensure it gives you excellent times, 24/7, for more years.
- Supply and fit watch batteries. Fitted by highly-trained and much-experienced specialised personnel. Waterproof testing is done as a matter of course and a report is given.
- Cleaning & Refinishing. Your watch-case and bracelet can be renovated while it is being serviced. Some brands, such as Rolex, include this within the service price. Your watch is returned to you as if it were new again.
Do visit our Service Counter or give us a phone and speak with our knowledgeable and friendly staff. We are keen to help.
- Repair and renovation
- Re-plating of silver-plated items
We are happy to help with Valuations of items that have been purchased from ourselves, that we have valued in the past, or items that you have perhaps owned for several years or inherited. We do not offer a service of valuing items that have been recently purchased elsewhere.
There are different values for different occasions, such as offer to buy, valuation for insurance purposes, confirmation of will or family division.
Currently, valuations for insurance purposes take approximately four weeks, an offer to buy can be from one day to a couple of weeks.
Our valuation specialists are delighted to lead you gently through the options. Please ask for our Valuation Department when phoning or emailing.